We create unique and unusual performance installations. A show where the structure, performance, soundtrack and location create a sum larger than the parts. The shows are all curious, slightly impossible and the illusions powerful.
Who we are
After leaving Art School in Brighton in the early 80’s, Steve Edgar worked as a graphic artist, writer, musician and stand-up comedian. The Dream Engine was formed in January 1995 by Steve and his friend Tim Petter to combine the talents of a pool of musicians, performers, and fabricators to produce rare and wonderful performance events.
In 2016, Jackie Edgar joined Steve as Company Manager. Our core company can be expanded to include up to twenty artists and technicians, on a project-by-project basis.
What we do
Our performance work divides between public street arts festivals in the UK and Europe, and the corporate market – parties, product launches, music concerts, expos and sports events, right across the globe.
Half of our work is abroad. Largely unfunded, we create much of our new work by pitching ideas to those adventurous event producers who have enjoyed our previous shows and are after something even more extraordinary.
Our ideas combine Science and Art to explore new possibilities and we invent unique installations to offer performers new challenges to create magic. As a theme, our installations are made of air and gas-filled fabric, so big structures can pack up small and tour easily.
“Our ideas combine Science and Art to explore new possibilities”
- Sydfest19, Australia
- Tollwood Winterfest, Germany
- Autonomy, Paris
- Lollapalooza, Berlin
- Field of Women, Melbourne
- Glow Festival, Gold Coast, Australia
- 5tardium, Seoul
- Qingdao International Beer Festival, China
- Coex & Ansan Street Arts Festivals, Seoul
- Cirque du Soleil, Dubai
- Festival of Cigars, Havana
- Quantas 95th Anniversary, Sydney
- Macro Opening, Cairo
- Finale Show, Venice Carnivale
- Opening Ceremony, Chongquing Tiandi
- Muse European Stadium Tours
- FA Cup Final, Wembley
- Arafura Games Opening, Darwin
- HSBC Bank launch, Hong Kong
- Breitling Med Cup, Alicante, Spain
- Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony, Manchester
- Opening of Grand Lisboa Casino, Macau
- Jockey Club, Hong Kong
- Cirque de Soleil, Maui
- Henley Festival
- Circus Roncalli, Hamburg
- Princes Trust, Highgrove
- Derby Day, Epsom
- Heineken Cup Final, Cardiff
- Perth International Festival
- Commonwealth Games, Melbourne
- Cavalcade of Light, Toronto